Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Childhood Dream come True

I do not know one child who does not love the sight of a carousel as it circles their world, with all the lights a flutter and melody playing. As a young girl I too fell in love with a carousel. Now as an adult I have been given the ability to create that which was in my minds eye. This project is in memory of my father and the special love we had for each other. The paper I used for it was by Graphic 45, called Botanical Tea. When I saw the paper I knew I the carousel just had to come to life. Also in the base of the carousel is installed a music box which I kept that came to me from my father. The centre of the carousel does spin Along with the melodic music of the music box. There were lights installed in the underside of the top portion, which can be controlled by lifting the top. There are two drawers located in the base which pull out to reveal two photo albums. I had such great fun creating this and wanted to share my joy with all of you. I do hope it brings back some pleasant memories for you as it did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment