Saturday, 28 January 2012

Trying new techniques, Center Step Card

Well having a week where I can not do too much in the way of physical, so here I  sit looking for something new to try.  Here is my rendition of a "Center Step Card".

The image is from Kraftin Kimmie, coloured with Copic Markers, and accented with Sticklers in Diamonds.  The image was then cut out using one of my Spellbinder dies and backed onto a piece of black patterned cardstock. 

The base of the card is Bazzil Cardstock and cut 5.5 x 11 inches.  The simple instructions for the cut and folds can be found at ( http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/centerstepcard/  ).
Once cut and folded I simply decorated it with the image which was mounted with Pop Dots and then edged with Liquid Pearls in Opal White.

The sentiment was from Pink Cat Studio  - Birthday Stamps, and was embossed, then Stickles in Diamonds was added here and there on the confetti and ribbons.

The ribbon was from my stach and is .25 inch yellow satin.  A few small rhinestones from Bsics was added. The floral paper used Picadilly  - from Basic Grey.

I used the Dienamic Scalloped edge die for the bottom edge trim . The flower was made from various items which I had in my stash.  I added a little od the Stickles Diamond in the center of the flower to give it a bit of a pop as well. 



The inside of the card was decorated to match the front in a more simplified way.  I find it is important to use the same elements as you used in the front in the inside to as to truly associate them together.  I have found that if one does not do this that the card feels disjointed.  I even take some of the element and associate the envelope.


Thank you for stopping by,
Remember...
Wee-things are What Matter

1 comment:

  1. Stunning! Great job on the center easel card -- I've got to attempt this one myself! S:o)

    ReplyDelete